1. Applying for a library card
Anyone at the age of 16 or above is welcome to apply for a library card (ten items can be borrowed for each card being). The application procedures are as follows:
1. Fill in the library card application form
2. Submit the fee and two recent photographs to the circulation counter of the library.
The fees are listed below:
Serve Club member◎
|HK$70 per person|
|Organization member ＠||HK$450 per organisation|
|Others||HK$150 per person|
＃ With a valid volunteer card issued by Breakthrough
◎ With a valid member card
＊ On presenting a student card
※On presenting a job identification
＠ Social service organizations, Christian organizations and registered education institutions or bodies
＠＠ 3 cards will be issued to the Organization member. Any member of the organization can use the membership card to visit the Library.
3. The library will notify the applicant by post for the collection of the library card. If you wish to borrow books immediately, you must produce a proof of address, such as a bank statement, water or electricity bill for verification.
2. Applying for a Reader Card
Anyone at the age of 14 or above or studying at Secondary 3 or above is welcome to apply for a reader card. The application procedures are as follows:
– Fill in the reader card application form
– Submit HK$50 (for one year) together with two recent photographs to the circulation counter of the library and present a valid document to verify your identity.
– Reader card holders can use the facilities of the Breakthrough Library during the opening hours, but they do not have borrowing privileges.